This is a small LED controller I built for Burning Man 2016 as I was tired from hand-soldering Arduinos, and wanted a more durable solution. There’s nothing fancy here, but it’s simple, cheap and gets the job done.
- ATMEGA32U CPU (Same as Arduino Leonardo).
- Connectors for up to 2 clockless LED strips (although fitting the wires in the tiny enclosure will be tricky with 2).
- Soft power control for LED strips.
- 4 push buttons.
- Powered via USB (meant to be powered from USB battery packs).
- Cheap, easy to get enclosure.
The Eagle design files and code are available here. It’s a mess, but I’ll get to cleaning it at some point. Maybe after the burn 🙂
A nibbling tool made it very easy to make the side cuts in the enclosure.